Particle-based simulations for your applications
SimPARTIX® stands for our competence in modeling the mechanics of materials and fluids using mesh-free methods.
SimPARTIX® is also an innovative and powerful simulation tool developed at the Fraunhofer IWM.
Based on physical models, SimPARTIX® is used to investigate various materials in manufacturing processes and in service. This typically generates a large amount of data on the dynamical material behavior. By means of detailed analyses and visualizations of the data we provide in-depth insights into the fundamental dynamics of your processes. SimPARTIX® can therefore help you to grasp a full understanding of your applications and yield design specific optimization measures.
SimPARTIX® has been successfully applied to problems from the following areas.
- Powder technology: Prediction of density distributions for die filling and compaction; Determination of anisotropy properties for tape casting; Description of sedimentation during drying; Avoidance of crack formation during sintering
- Tribology: Study of failure mechanisms of magnetorheological clutches
- Production: Tailored abrasive machining of surfaces
- Bulk goods transport: Avoidance of erosive wear in pipes
- Photovoltaics: Minimization of kerf loss during wire sawing of silicon wafers
- Microelectronics: Reduction of track widths for screen printing of multi-layer circuits
Furthermore, SimPARTIX® is suited for the simulation of applications from the following fields.
- Foodstuffs industry
You have a practical question which you would like to investigate using numerical simulations? Simply contact us to find out how we can help you.
Our services, your benefits
Our range of services at a glance:
- Comprehensive parametric studies of your application: no consumption of materials, no expensive trial-and-error cycles
- Detailed analyses of the simulations to meet your specification
- Accurate 3D visualization for a better understanding of the process or a meaningful presentation
Click here if you would like to use SimPARTIX® for your applications, too.